STD Standard Test Panel
Our at-home STD test kit screens for seven of the most common STDs, including HIV, herpes type 2, hepatitis C, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and trichomoniasis.
All of our laboratory partners are CLIA-certified. Your clear and actionable results are delivered securely online, and our doctors are available to answer any questions. We help you take control of your health by bringing quality lab tests directly to your door.
Free shipping and no taxes or additional fees.
We accept HSA, FSA and health insurance payments.
STD testing overview
Maintaining your sexual health shouldn’t be stressful for you or your partner. You’re not in this alone. Sexually transmitted diseases impact about 20 million people each year in the United States. Because most STDs do not have any symptoms, it’s important to get tested.
This kit includes screening for some of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs):
- Herpes type 2 (HSV-2)
- Hepatitis C
The kit comes unbranded in a generic mailer envelope and white box to protect your privacy.
How it works
- Order your STD Test Panel kit online and receive it by mail in days. There is no need to book an appointment or visit a lab.
- Collect a few droplets of blood, some urine and a swab sample at home in under five minutes. Don’t worry, it’s simple and we provide you with instructions.
- Mail it back to our CLIA-certified lab with our pre-paid shipping label.
- View your results in 3-5 days through your secure HealthTestExpress online account.
Most STDs do not have any symptoms at all.
If you do have symptoms, men might experience:
- Itchy Penis
- Penile discharge
- Penis bumps
- Penis pimples
- Penis rash
- Penis sores
- Spots on penis
- Swollen testicles
- Testicle lumps
- Testicle pain
- Painful urination
- Anal discharge or sores
Women may experience:
- Pain during sex
- Vaginal bumps
- Vaginal burning
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal rash
- Vaginal sores
- Painful urination
- Anal discharge or sores
Symptoms can affect the body beyond the genitals, such as body rashes, muscle aches, fever, headache or weight loss. These sort of symptoms signal a more advanced stage of an STD infection. If you are sexually active and have any symptoms, it’s important to get tested to determine if you have an STD infection or not.
What does this kit test for and why?
This kit tests for some of the most common STDs out there, including HIV, herpes type 2, hepatitis C, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and trichomoniasis. All of our tests are recommended based on our doctors’ and CDC guidelines.
Who should get this STD test kit?
Adults who have had more than one partner in the last 12 months or have had unprotected sex should be tested yearly. The CDC recommends that gay, bisexual or men who have sex with men (MSM), be tested every year. MSM who have multiple partners are at greater risk and should be tested every 3 to 6 months. If you are concerned about a recent exposure, our doctors recommend testing 3 weeks after exposure and three months after that test.
Those at highest risk for transmission of STDs range in age from 15-64. Which is to say, these common conditions impact a wide range of adults. Many STDs can be cured, and if they can’t be cured they can be treated or managed.
Our doctors recommend testing 3 weeks after exposure and then again in 3 months. Get tested today, so you can ensure you know where you stand when it comes to sexual health.
How long do I need to wait for my testing kit?
After you order the STD Test Kit, it will arrive at your door in 1 to 3 shipping days. The kit comes unbranded in a generic mailer envelope and white box to protect your privacy.
What do I need to do once I get the kit?
Skip the appointment and the waiting room. You don’t need to visit a lab, all you need to do is collect a sample, send it in and get results. We’ll provide everything you need to collect the blood, urine and swab sample yourself.
How does collecting samples for the test work?
This part is super easy, we promise. This STD testing kit asks for a few different sample types, including blood, urine and swab. It’s way less embarrassing than in a doctor’s office, and the results will come back quicker. Your at-home kit will give the step-by-step rundown of what you need to send to the lab. The kit comes unbranded in a generic mailer envelope and white box to protect your privacy.
Does this test screen for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B?
This test panel kit does not include Hepatitis A or Hepatitis B, which are a CDC recommended tests. If you have not received a Hepatitis A or Hepatitis B vaccination, you should consider testing through your primary care physician.
How is this test performed by the lab?
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea: Our CLIA-Certified lab partner uses an amplified DNA PCR test method to detect chlamydia and gonorrhea. The test is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test that utilizes the Polymerase Chain Reaction and nucleic acid hybridization for the qualitative detection of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and/or Neisseria gonorrhea (NG) DNA. The assay has been developed and validated according to CAP/CLIA guidelines.
- Syphilis: Our CLIA-Certified lab partner uses an IgG Antibody EIA test method to detect syphilis. The EIA assay is a qualitative enzyme immunoassay for the in vitro diagnostic detection of Treponema pallidum (syphilis) antibodies. The assay has been developed and validated according to CAP/CLIA guidelines.
- HSV-2: Our CLIA-Certified lab partner uses an ELISA IgG test method to detect HSV-2. The test is intended for qualitatively detecting the presence or absence of human IgG class antibodies to HSV-2. The assay has been developed and validated according to CAP/CLIA guidelines.
- HCV: Our CLIA-Certified lab partner uses an ELISA antibody test method to detect HCV. The presence of HCV antibodies does not constitute a diagnosis of hepatitis C, but may be indicative of recent and/or past infection by hepatitis C virus.The assay has been developed and validated according to CAP/CLIA guidelines.Hepatitis C can sometimes produce false positives and false negatives depending on specific antibodies your immune system has produced, and the timing of HCV exposure. For positive results, you should consider follow-up with your primary care physician for RNA testing through a phlebotomy sample to determine if HCV resolved spontaneously and resulted in a positive antibody result from past disease or a false positive result, or if active disease is present. For negative results, you should consider follow-up with your primary care physician for RNA testing through a phlebotomy sample if you suspect there has been possible Hepatitis C transmission in the past 2 months.
Our partner labs test for Hep C using the Elisa test method If your screening test comes back detected, you will need additional testing to confirm that you are positive. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to provide that additional confirmatory testing. However, your primary care provider should be able to assist you and, if you do not already have a doctor, we can help you find one in your area.
- HIV: Our CLIA-Certified lab partner uses the GS HIV Combo Ag/Ab EIA test method to detect HIV. The GS HIV Combo Ag/Ab EIA is for the qualitative detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV Type 1 (HIV-1 groups M and O) and HIV Type 2 (HIV-2).The assay has been developed and validated according to CAP/CLIA guidelines. All positive samples are repeated in duplicate and further tested on the FDA cleared Biorad Geenius HIV 1/2 immunochromatographic assay for confirmation of individual antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Types 1 and 2 (HIV-1 and HIV-2).
- Trichomonas: Our CLIA-Certified lab partner uses an Amplified DNA test method to detect trichomonas vaginalis. The Amplified DNA Assays use Strand Displacement Amplification (SDA) technology for the direct, qualitative detection of Trichomonas vaginalis DNA in vaginal swab and urine specimens. The assay has been developed and validated according to CAP/CLIA guidelines.
For more information about the laboratory tests themselves, please visit the website for our lab partner.
When should I get my test results?
Kits usually take 1 to 3 shipping days to reach the lab once you mail your samples. Results are typically available 5 business days or less, after they have been received by our CLIA-certified lab partner.
What will my STD test results tell me?
By testing for HIV, herpes type 2 (HSV-2), hepatitis C, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and trichomoniasis, you will know where you stand when it comes to your sexual health.
Your results will break down whether or not any of the STDs in this kit were detected. Your results will be easy to read and understand. Our medical team is here for you to answer any questions you might have about your results.
Am I able to get treatment if I test positive for an STD?
All of our patients that have STD testing through Health Test Express get access to doctors from Analyte Physicians Group to discuss results and treatment options. In some cases, our licensed physicians may prescribe treatment if medically appropriate and permitted by state law. For some serious conditions, such as HIV, our doctors can connect you with your local health department or a physician in your area for further testing to confirm your results.
The kit showed up promptly. The samples were easy to collect and the results came back on time.
The STD kit for men shipped fast and was easy to conduct with provided instructions, test results back fast
Easy to use and very quick results. Discreet and helpful since I don’t have health insurance currently. More private than going to the clinic.
Test came with clear instructions and packaging. Results easy to understand. Overall a much easier experience than a doctor/clinic visit and nice to have my health info up to date. Thank you!
Pay For STD Standard Test Panel Or STD Test Panel With HPV With Insurance
We work with most insurance companies with the exception of Medicare, Medicaid and TRICARE plans.
The amount due today reflects our service fee, which is not covered by insurance.
The amount due later reflects the amount the patient is responsible for after insurance.
If any amount of your testing is not covered by your insurance provider, a bill from the lab will be mailed to the address you provide at the time of setting up your order for the remaining balance. Most patients do not owe more than $150 after insurance for STD Test Panels.
Any bill for amounts owed after insurance will typically mailed to the address provided when the order was placed 30-45 days after testing is completed.
While we work with most insurance providers, we can only accept insurance as payment for the STD Standard Test Panel and STD Test Panel with HPV at this time.
Step By Step Insurance Guide
- The amount your insurance provider will cover varies depending on your plan. We recommend calling your insurance provider for details about cost before getting tested. You can find the number for your insurance provider on the back of the insurance card.
- Individual labs do not know each individual patient’s insurance coverage. It is your responsibility to verify your benefits before services are performed. Any questions regarding your coverage should be directed to your insurance provider.
- If you have any further questions regarding how the process works using your insurance, we are available M-F 6a-9p, Sat 7a-9p and Sun 9a-9p CST. You can reach us at (888) 901-0906. We are here to help make your testing experience as easy as possible.
Health Test Express is one of the only sites that provides testing recommendations tailored to you, and backed by doctors. Our doctors will provide a unique recommendation for you based on the answers you provide in a brief medical intake.